Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Port funnels?

From: Technical Incursion Countermeasures <lists () ticm com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 22:41:46

net to limit ports accessed on the server.  I've also looked at adding
TriStrata (startup of John Atalla) software, which builds application-level
security software (VPN, user management, auditing, logging, group management
delegation, etc).  However the TriStrata software only secures direct
application access, and nothing else.

Bill,
I'd be quite careful about using TriStrata if I was you.. for referece you
might want to read some of the papers Bruce Schneier has written regarding
it.. also note that TriStrata is backing away from the crypto side rather
rapidly.. to the extent of dumping the old CEO and putting in someone new...

If you wanted to look at good application security for ERPs I'd possibly be
looking at RAS from Technologic or one of CA's offerings.. since they
integrate quite well with this sort of app and both manufacturers have
quite mature products.. TriStrata seems to be largely vapourware right now
IMHO.

Cheers,

Bret
Technical Incursion Countermeasures
consulting () TICM COM                      http://www.ticm.com/
ph: (+61)(041) 4411 149(UTC+8 hrs)      fax: (+61)(08) 9454 6042

The Insider - a e'zine on Computer security Vol 3 Issue 1 out now
http://www.ticm.com/info/insider/index.html