Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Opinions on VPN?

From: Russ () cooper com
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 17:02:25 -0700

The Cisco firewalls don't run the full firewall products.  In Checkpoint,
for example, it has a ported version of the firewall module and doesn't
support the full featureset.  If it did, it would slow the product down.
Since the product is good at packet inspection, that is what it focuses on.
It can't do all the application layer inspection.  It does have it's
shortfalls.