Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Opinions on VPN?

From: John McDonald <Johnm () Networkguys com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 08:08:53 -0700

Cisco routers are a joke when it comes to security and encrypting data.
We've run multiple security audits on all of Cisco's "security"
equipment with the same results. Penetration or unauthorized privileges
in under 15 minutes. It's marketing hype. Real VPN's are engineered by
companies such as TimeStep, VPNet, RADGuard, and Check Point. These
products DO NOT ALLOW ACCES to the hardware itself. This is the major
downfall of the Cisco products. They are meant to be routers and NOT
VPN's or Firewalls.

John D. McDonald

Phone: 510.713.8880 ext. 306
Fax:      510.713.3456
E-mail: JohnM () NetworkGuys com
Web:    www.NetworkGuys.com

Secure Enterprise Connectivity
Managed Security        Managed Firewall
Anti-Virus-Vandal       Firewalls
Security Audits VPN
Digital Certificates    Security Systems
24x7 Network Monitoring/Hacker intrusion