oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: linux kernel do_blockdev_direct_IO invalid memory access

From: Greg KH <greg () kroah com>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 17:01:03 +0200

On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 04:46:45PM +0200, Greg KH wrote:
On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 10:22:48PM +0800, Marco Grassi wrote:
Hello,

I posted this to ask feedback on security at kernel dot org, but I think my
mail got bounced back. Not sure if from the mailing list or from some
single recipient.

It got there, you could have given us a few more hours to respond,
especially as most of the USA was still asleep, and others of us were in
a conference during the day in Europe. :(

To be specific, you only gave us one hour advance notice.  Now normally
the kernel security team is fast, but expecting a response that quickly
is a bit disingenuous...

greg "even I sleep sometimes" k-h