oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: linux kernel do_blockdev_direct_IO invalid memory access

From: Greg KH <greg () kroah com>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 16:46:45 +0200

On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 10:22:48PM +0800, Marco Grassi wrote:
Hello,

I posted this to ask feedback on security at kernel dot org, but I think my
mail got bounced back. Not sure if from the mailing list or from some
single recipient.

It got there, you could have given us a few more hours to respond,
especially as most of the USA was still asleep, and others of us were in
a conference during the day in Europe. :(

Anyway reposting here,

the following program will cause a invalid memory access

BUG: KASAN: wild-memory-access on address 0005080000000000

See this link for the full sanitizer report, stacktrace and trigger poc

https://gist.github.com/marcograss/40850adb3c599ac38e0beac31617d56b

tested on current master, with KASAN.

Can you take this to the linux-fsdevel mailing list now that you have
made it public?  That's the best place to resolve this.

thanks,

greg k-h