oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: CVE-2016-9963 Exim private information leak

From: Jeffrey Walton <noloader () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2016 06:06:41 -0500

On Thu, Dec 22, 2016 at 5:40 AM, Heiko Schlittermann
<hs () schlittermann de> wrote:
Kurt H Maier <khm () sciops net> (Do 22 Dez 2016 01:57:33 CET):
On Thu, Dec 22, 2016 at 12:24:09AM +0100, Heiko Schlittermann wrote:

In case the distros are ready already, we could release on 23rd, but I
need feedbeck from the distros and ack from the other developers.

Please pursue this possibility.

Ok, I asked the distro@vs… list to get clearance. If the major distros
supporting Exim give their ok, we're prepared to release sooner. Stay
tuned.

Its probably worth mentioning the only people who are at a
disadvantage now are the good guys and decision makers.

The bad guys already knew about the problem, or the motivated ones
found it after the partial disclosure.

Jeff