oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: dcraw and CVE-2015-8366 + CVE-2015-8367

From: Ian Zimmerman <itz () primate net>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2016 09:15:35 -0800

On 2016-10-16 00:50, Ben Woods wrote:

I noticed you mentioned in the mailing list post below that "CVE-2015-8366
will be fixed in v9.27" - did that end up getting fixed in 9.27? How about
CVE-2015-83667?

CVE-2015-8366
Index overflow in smal_decode_segment
https://github.com/LibRaw/LibRaw/commit/89d065424f09b788f443734d44857289489ca9e2

CVE-2015-8367
Memory objects are not intialized properly
https://github.com/LibRaw/LibRaw/commit/490ef94d1796f730180039e80997efe5c58db780

Since there has been no reply here, I examined the source for dcraw
9.27, and as far as I can see neither of these issues is addressed by
it.  Of course, the author has the final word.