Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Port 5767 -reply

From: mht () clark net
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 14:33:20 -0400 (EDT)

Tina,

It is quite interesting that I am still observing this behavior, therefore
I am not sure if they fixed the phone home problem..It generates quite bit
of messages attempting to contact home.

 On Thu, 15 Apr 1999, Tina Bird
wrote:

Wow, Ryan, now you've reminded me.  It was never a released version
of ARCserve, it was an early beta that wanted to contact home to
dump debugging information.  It was running on about half of the
NT servers at my old job, and generating millions of firewall alarms
(okay, that might be an exaggeration) until I managed to convince the
LAN administrators that it had >something< to do with backups.