oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: why many CVEs are ** RESERVED ** on Mitre

From: Kurt Seifried <kseifried () redhat com>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2016 10:31:58 -0700

On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 8:17 AM, Sevan Janiyan <venture37 () geeklan co uk>
wrote:

On 14/12/2016 15:09, Kurt Seifried wrote:
I would suggest you consider getting involved in helping create CVEs if
it
is such an important resource, rather then just being a somewhat classic
"Free rider"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_rider_problem

Would creating CVEs help with the reservations of already disclosed CVEs?

What would help is getting involved in CVE, something I'm working on, keep
an eye on #cvementor and https://cvementor.org (just a collection form
currently). Also if you want to create CVEs you need to request them
through a CVE Numbering Authority (CNA), for Open Source you can ask here,
or via https://iwantacve.org/

Sevan

--

--
PGP A90B F995 7350 148F 66BF 7554 160D 4553 5E26 7993