oss-sec mailing list archives

Remote crash in MaraDNS 2.0.13 and git master

From: Ondřej Surý <ondrej () sury org>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2016 09:39:45 +0100

Hi,

while playing with fuzzing the DNS servers with AFL (2.35b) I found a
remote crash bug in MaraDNS 2.0.13 js_readuint16. It can be also
reproduced using https://github.com/samboy/MaraDNS/ master branch.

Attached is patch to allow the fuzzing (it overrides getudp() with
read(0, ..)), the input data that crashes MaraDNS, and the bt full
output.

Please assign CVE, I would provide a patch, but MaraDNS code is
extremely hard to navigate for me, so I'll leave the fix for the code
author.

AFL has finished only 1 cycle (and found the 1 unique crash), so I'll
keep it running for a while.

Cheers,
--
Ondřej Surý <ondrej () sury org>