Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: TYPO3 SQL Injection vunerabilitie

From: Michael Shigorin <mike () osdn org ua>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 18:45:33 +0200

On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 12:06:37AM +0100, Sebastian Wolfgarten wrote:
I am pretty sure Fabian (Neonomicus) meant *every link* (or
site) generated by Typo3, didn't he?

Even if he did, it would be just as incorrect as the original
Subject.

@Fabian (Neonomicus): Could you please provide more details
about the vulnerability you've discoveredl? By the way did you
give the Typo3 guys *enough* time to respond???

Most likely it was some weird way of contacting them in the
first place: posting the message to BTS resulted in an updated
extension version being published within some 5 hours, security
announce on the website ("Severity: high") and a reminder on
contact address (typo3-project-security>lists.netfielders.de).

PS: when choosing "the next CMS", one of our considerations was
virtually empty bugtraq coverage (with the code being public
since 2000 and used on quite a few sites).  Go figure :-)

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike () altlinux ru>