Information Security News mailing list archives

Wall Street Journal computers taken offline after cyber attack

From: InfoSec News <alerts () infosecnews org>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 09:29:19 +0000 (UTC)

http://www.computing.co.uk/ctg/news/2356805/wall-street-journal-computers-taken-offline-after-cyber-attack

By Danny Palmer
Computing.co.uk
7/23/2014

Computers at The Wall Street Journal were taken offline after it was discovered hackers had infiltrated networks at the brand, its publisher Dow Jones & Co has said.

The computer systems, which contained Wall Street Journal's news graphics, were hacked by an outside party and have been disconnected from the rest of the network in order to prevent the spread of additional cyber attacks.

According to those familiar with the matter, taking the system offline is merely a precaution and no evidence of data being damaged or stolen has been found as of yet.

"We are investigating an incident related to wsj.com's graphics systems. At this point we see no evidence of any impact to Dow Jones customers or customer data," a spokesperson for the Wall Street Journal said in a statement.

[...]

--
Evident.io - Continuous Cloud Security for AWS.
Identify and mitigate risks in 5 minutes or less.