Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Hacker pierces hardware firewalls with web page.

From: Jeff Jarmoc <jeff () jarmoc com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 11:38:00 -0600

If it's what I think it is, it's much simpler than UPnP trickery.
While I can't be sure from the limited information in the article,
what they describe is very much like what's outlined on Samy Kamkar's
site; http://samy.pl/natpin

Also relevant is Dan Kaminsky's work he presented at CanSecWest 2009.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/13501365/Staring-Into-The-Abyss

-- Jeff Jarmoc

From: Farrukh Haroon <farrukhharoon () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 10:56:16 +0300

Perhaps they are exploiting UPnP in some obscure way to achieve this?

Regards

Farrukh