Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Opinion: Worst interface ever.

From: sin <sin () pvs ro>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 23:44:26 +0300

Dave Piscitello wrote:
I'm not certain why this thread has persisted

I've been largely and politely silent because (a) I consult to
WatchGuard and (b) thought this kind of discussion was off limits.
I've used every WGRD model since the FB II and frankly, lots of the
comments posted here are difficult for me to accept given my
considerably more positive experience.

Nobody has to like the firewalls made by Watchguard, and if someone
disliked that product for some reason is his right to tell the world to
stay away from it. It's the same as saying to everyone that Mountain Dew
sucks because you don'y like it. Some will belive you, some won't. So I
don't see your problem ? (Except maybe that WG will not sale one or more
appliances, but that's just collateral damage)

You know you are biased on this thread, no ?

Is it now open season? Can I begin a per vendor thread on all the
awful experiences I've had with other vendor firewalls, including
several that have been mentioned already in this thread?

It's a free world, no ? (or at least in some parts of the globe)

Or can we declare the horse is dead and move on?

I think dead it's a good state... until the next time :)