Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

FTP Proxy on FW-1 ????

From: "Leo Mourits L." <l.mourits () civility nl>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 1999 16:57:32 +0200

Hello:

I'm pretty new around here. And allready have a question.
Maybe it is allready discussed in here. But first, let me explain the
situation.

I am installing a Firewall-1 (3.0). I want it to be a ftp- and http-proxy
rather then configuring it as a gateway.
I have managed to get it configured as a http-proxy (security server and
resource) and it's available for my clients. But I can't
think of a way to do a ftp-proxy.

Maybe someone can help me out.

The situation looks like this:

   Internet
   Firewall-1
   Local Net (clients)
     Router
Other Networks

As you can see, we are connecting to several other networks. So, my clients
all have defined the router as their gateway.
In fact the Other Networks consist of a ATM network, but hey, it's
simplified.
The firewall has just two interfaces.

I really hope someone can give me a hint out here,

Thanks in advance,

Leo

***This FreeBird keeps on flying***