Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Security Engineer Opening (Illinois Institute of Technology)

From: Louis McHugh <00000247bc343e9f-dmarc-request () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2021 12:22:19 -0500

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for a Security Engineer to work directly with me within the
newly formed Cyber-Tech Security team within our Office of Technology
Services at the Illinois Institute of Technology.

The Security Engineer (SE) will help the Cyber-Tech Security (CTS)
department of the Office of Technology Services (OTS) achieve a top-notch
engineering posture to protect critical assets for Illinois Tech and its
stakeholders.

The SE will serve as a technical contributor whose focus is on achieving
security by design throughout all stages of product development. The SE’s
primary goal is to protect the IIT community, its systems, and data from
internal and external threats. The SE will work collaboratively with other
OTS departments to identify and address security issues throughout the
university’s infrastructure and services. The SE will help build efficient,
scalable solutions for security tooling and services, and work to prevent
potential security incidents, responding quickly and thoroughly in the
event an incident occurs. The SE will serve as an advocate on the
Cyber-Tech Security team, helping to evangelize best practices to the
entire IIT community.

Please visit this link to learn more about the position:
https://iit7.peopleadmin.com/postings/7207

Thank you,
Louis
__________________________________
Louis F. McHugh IV
Director, Cyber-Tech Security | Office of Technology Services
Adjunct Industry Professor
Information Technology and Management | College of Computing
Illinois Institute of Technology
lmchughi () iit edu
630-682-6040 Rice Campus
312-567-5925 Mies Campus